Battered Women’s Trust 24-hour 7 days a week crisis line response is staffed 365 days per year.
You and your children’s immediate safety needs are checked first then you are provided with vital information enabling you to make informed decisions around keeping yourself and your children safe.
If required, crisis line staff will admit women and children into the safe house to provide a safe and secure location. An assessment is carried out first to check suitability. An immediate safety plan is discussed with you prior to entering the safe house.
Intervention assists to:
- Provide a 24/7 Crisis Line service of paid advocates and trained volunteers.
- Assess the safety needs of the caller and provide an individual response to each situation presented.
- Offer information and choices to empower women to make informed decisions about their current living arrangements and if necessary find alternative accommodation.
- Empower women to report family violence to police and provide support to have evidential photos and interviews.
- Increase women’s awareness and knowledge on and around family violence and its effects on children.
- Provide women with and assist in the completion of a personalised Safety Plan for themselves and their children.
- Make arrangements to enter a Residential Safe House if required.
- Enable women to access other refuge services as required.