“How Can We Help”
Battered Women’s Trust provide a protective, supportive space, free from the violence and judgement that has been a large part of many people’s daily lives. In providing a safe environment our biggest asset/tool is people. “This is a place where you feel safe being yourself.” For people who have experienced domestic violence, trust and respect are fundamental to feeling safe above and beyond their immediate physical need for shelter and physical protection.
The services we provide are:
Family Violence Support Services
Battered Women’s Trust goal is to provide the best support for people affected by family violence, and empower them to live safe and healthy lives. For urgent support in Canterbury please contact us now on our 24-hour crisis line (03) 364 8900 or 0800 REFUGE (733843).
For urgent support in Canterbury please contact us now on our 24-hour crisis line on (03) 364 8900.
We can provide you with urgent and on-going support through our:
- Emergency safe housing for you and your children
- Information on legal issues
- Safety planning
- Referrals to other support agencies
Support in the Community
Our residential and community advocates provide:
- Support to women and children who do not enter refuge
- On-going support and assistance to women after they leave refuge
- Community visits where safe
- Education and awareness of family violence issues in schools, community groups and other organisations
- Anyone can call Battered Women’s Trust for advice at any time of the day, whether you are seeking advice, when you are concerned about someone or whether you need help yourself.
- We help in non-crisis and crisis situations.
“I enjoyed the support group and meeting women in the same situation I was in.”– client